Proudly serving clients for over 20 years
Coordinated Language Assessment and Referral Services (CLARS) provides official Canadian language benchmark assessments to immigrants and helps them choose the most appropriate language learning options.
What do we do at Language Assessment?
- We assess English language skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- We do not offer language classes at the YMCA, but we can refer you to an English program
How does a Language Assessment work?
6 Steps of a Language Assessment
- Book an appointment
- Bring your immigration documents
Plan for two to three hours for the assessment
- Original landing document
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Assessors will ask you to write, read and speak in English
- You will be provided with your benchmark numbers by the assessor
- You can be referred to an English school
To book an appointment, please call:
Kitchener Office 519-579-9622
Cambridge Office 519-621-1621